Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck

After only two hours of work yesterday, and having Monday off for holiday, today was strange. Normally on Monday's we all arrive, have a meeting we feign interest in, go outside and have a cigarette, and mutually say: "Fuck this.". And today did start off the same as every Monday, only it was Wednesday instead. Everyone was excited counting down the days until they get to go home, including myself, and in an overall good mood. Work was flawless, and the time flew by. Fantastic Monday. I find myself now anticipating the downward slope of the rest of the week. Just 4 more days...

I've been trying to digest the new Seether record, 'Isolate & Medicate', over the last few days, but I just can't. In typical Seether album fashion, you get 2 good songs, then 45 minutes of pure crap. I just can't get into them that much, for whatever reason. Some people swear by them, though. I have an ex who saw them live 6 times in one year. But, she also swore when she'd been drinking that she could talk to trees and "feel their pain", so take that for what it's worth. And never date a "Wiccan".

Found this Sunday while flipping through my homework notebook. I've no memory of it whatsoever, but I found it interesting. Interpret at your own risk...

"Cutting Strings"

When you call me you're terrified
And feeling angry
Screaming at the walls

You make me feel ugly inside
And always lonely
My summers turn to Fall

I can't help you anymore
No good will left
Time to turn and

Run, run, run, run far away
I can't deal it's
Too much for my heart
So see you on the otherside
You're far too gone now
All you were is lost

I never know who you're going to be
You're so confusing
A labyrinth of pain

You'll never know what you mean to me
'Cos I can't tell you
It just brings out my shame

Wrap myself in solitude
And mourn the days gone
You'll never be the same

You're giving up to disease again
And comfort blanket
And I can't go along
So see you on the otherside
You're far too gone now
All you were is lost

No comments:

Post a Comment