Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Catch The Rainbow

Went back to work today since my shoulder was feeling much better after a day of ice, pills, chain smoking, and 'Metal Gear Solid 3'. Who needs a doctor when you've got those 4 things? You shouldn't trust those hoodoo voodoo folk anyways. "X-Rays? What is this sorcery you speak of?"...

I actually did try to go to a doctor yesterday, but I couldn't get ahold of anyone from my company for proper documentation of it being an on the job accident, thereby qualifying me for Workers' Comp, and none of them would accept my insurance. Shoulder held up alright today though, up until the end when I was packing my tools up for the night. They're not particularly heavy, but when you have to walk half a mile with them they do wear on you. I was swearing the person who stole our tool buggy.

Most of the day was spent working with and getting to know one of my co-workers, which was a joy. He's a very funny guy who happens to love a lot of the same bands I do. I can count on one hand now how many people I've met who liked Pelican before I gave them a disc to listen to. It was very cool to shoot the shit about Iron Maiden, Pelican, and Dokken. Say what you want about the lyrical content of Dokken, but Don Dokken can fucking play. "Tooth & Nail" still kicks ass and holds up. Must admit I've not heard much beyond whatever record that song was on. They're a band for me that when I hear them I know it's them, but I can't name most of their song or record titles.

I was looking forward to picking up the 'Resident Evil 1' HD "remake" after work today, but I couldn't find it. The two gentlemen at GameStop that I asked about it had no clue what I was talking about. "Maybe it's download only, we've never heard of it before you asked." one said in a snarky tone. Motherfucker, turn on your computer and look. Don't talk to and treat me like I'm making shit up because you're too lazy to actually look for it, and you're the one with the job that I would think requires you to keep up with what games are coming out and when they come out. It's really not a big deal, since I've still a bit to go on 'MGS3' (should be finishing up tonight if all goes according to plan), and it is just a game, so I didn't want to be overly dramatic about it. But it was also a shitty way to talk to a person who's in their shop once every two weeks or so actually buying their stock. Of which their is shit to select from usually. Fucks sake, I miss the stores and clerks back home. Better selection, better prices, and much better service.

So the new plan is to stop in after work tomorrow and talk to a different clerk about ordering it. It's been a few years since I've almost made a Jill Sandwich, and I could go for another attempt. And, hopefully, it'll be just as good as the older ones are and not dumbed down like 'Resi 5' and onward. But it's a remake of a remake made in 2002, so fingers crossed not too much was changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment