Saturday, January 17, 2015

If You Squeeze My Lizard...

I've been in the mood for some Slayer but forgot to throw some on my MP3 player last time I was home. I haven't heard 'Seasons In The Abyss' start to finish in a fear years and have really been wanting to revisit that album. And there's no record stores around here so I can't just pop down the road and pick up a new copy. Damn my memory, it always screws me over. I've got only a handful of Slayer songs in the car because I'm just not as into them as I used to be. The older records are still great, but their new stuff just doesn't do anything for me. And on the new track "Implode", it sounds like Tom Araya is just sort of going through the motions. Which is understandable, I'm not sure of his age exactly, but I'm sure it's over 45. I'd think eventually you'd get to a point where you're just... there. Everything in life gets jaded at some point, and I'm sure screaming at the top of your lungs about demons, the devil, and the ugly side of Humanity is no exception, even if it is true (well, the ugly side of humanity, at least.).

Nice to hear Paul Bostaph again though. I always thought he was a good drummer, even if Lombardo is the one true drummer for Slayer. I've a cousin who went to high school with Bostaph. He showed me a yearbook once, and Bostaph looked awkward and out of place in photos of him in groups of people. So in that sense, he fits the Slayer vibe totally.

I've been spending a lot of time with 'Metal Gear Solid 4' lately, having started my first playthrough of it last weekend. It's a good game, but it's been a thorn in my side for reasons I'm sure I'll explain at some point. I'll just say for now its on the backburner for a bit, with some trophy hunting in 'Metal Gear Solid 3' on the agenda starting in a few hours or so, possibly tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to that. It's such a well made game it never gets old. But I've never re-played it right after finishing it before, so maybe it gets old. I usually end up spacing playthroughs of it out by 4 months or so. It's not a schedule or anything, it usually just ends up happening that way.

Pretty similar to my revisits of 'GTA: San Andreas'. I'll usually knock that out twice a year, sometimes three times. It's been awhile since I've played. As of this writing, close to a year. I've been looking for it on the PlayStation Store so I can give it more than one weekend once every three months on my PS2 at home but haven't seen it, which is odd given that it's the most popular of them. 'GTA 5' may have sold a million copies on day 1, but tit wouldn't have happened without people looking forward to going back to Los Santos thanks to 'San Andreas'.

I still need to finish 'GTA 5' as well. I really should work on my "Need to finish" list at some point. 'Doom 3', 'Duke Nukem Forever', 'BioShock', 'The Last Of Us', and 'Beyond: Two Souls' currently reside there. And now, Metal Gear Solid 4' does as well. It always seems to keep growing.

And I've still yet to play "Assassin's Creed 1", despite owning it for six months now. Must check that one out sometime, I hear good things about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment